Linearity of capicitance gauges.

Subject: Linearity of capicitance gauges.
From: Jerry <jerry@flyinghi.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 08:29:19
You lot are so sharp.

When I said linear I meant the output reflected the level of fuel for the
whole length of the sender.
That is 1/2 at 1/2 and 1/4 at 1/4 etc. Yes it does not refelct the tank
capacity because the tank may not have an equal cross section throughout
its hight.

The seven switches on the magnetic gauge can be set in positions to give a
better reflection of tank status. For example on the MCRO1 which has a tank
that is wide at the top the switches are closer at the top than at the
bottom. The reason I said that the magnetic switch sender was not linear
was that because in between switches there is no movement.

Jerry