Re: Panel Planner Software

Subject: Re: Panel Planner Software
From: Jerry <jerry@flyinghi.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 1997 08:43:31
> >> I think it would be a good idea to offer a full width panel as an
option for
> those who want to put  in more instrumentation.<<
>
> A packed Europa panel already weighs 40 lbs or more. Too heavy already.
What's
> needed is a light glass panel. I suppose it may well turn out that legal
> requirements mandate so much extra weight that flight would be
impractical. ;-))

> Graham

I understand that it is already a UK - CAA requirement that no aircraft
shall be issued with a Permit-to-Fly until the weight of supportive
paperwork exceeds the empty weight of the aircraft. Heavier aircraft = more
paperwork and we all know that is bad.

Just joking and watching with interest but for what its worth I for one
agree with Graham.
I intend for my BanBi panel to weigh under 20 lbs including full engine
monitoring / gps / radio / alti / fuel gauge / fuel computer / compass / VP
prop display / and maybe one electric gyro if I can find a light one which
I can afford. If anyone knows a source for light inexpensive gyro
instruments I would love to know where. Jerry