Re: Draft Consultation Paper (Airfields)

Subject: Re: Draft Consultation Paper (Airfields)
From: D Reed <dreed@cdsnet.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 1997 18:14:59

>To those of you outside the UK please accept my appologies for bothering you.

Sorry to hear you are loosing GA fields,we also are facing the same problem
here in the States at quite an alarming rate.Currently here in Oregon we are
hoping to save Lebanon airfield from the developers but as you say they are
a powerfull lobby and see more $$ from putting a mall up rather than keep an
airfield.In the Oregon legislature we now have a proposed bill to repeal
protection that now exists against encroachment by developers,and the only
hope we have against it is if enough support can be rallied by phone and
writing to your representatives.
You must make the effort if you are to keep the few fields that are left or
you will have an expensive toy sitting in your garage and no where to use it !!
Good luck.

Derek Reed
Oregon