Re: Alternator Filter Capacitor

Subject: Re: Alternator Filter Capacitor
From: John O'Connor <OCONNORJ@btmaa.bel.alcatel.be>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 1997 10:52:58

> ..,. In any case, make SURE these capacitors are installed
> correctly. I've had several builders get messes in the cockpit ranging
> from smoke, gooey stuff running out the ends and onto their shoes,
> one builder had the end blow out making a lot of noise in addition
> to the mess.

Be warned that the goo that comes out of some of these guys is not
good for you. (Poly-Chrolinated Biphenols)

If the get hot enough, the gasses vented can be even worse. (Dioxins)

I think that there has been some legislation to enforce the use of
alternate materials now but it's a good idea to be careful.

John