Re: Discoloured Components/Postcuring Revisited

Subject: Re: Discoloured Components/Postcuring Revisited
From: Gramin@aol.com
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 1997 17:09:28
In a message dated 09/04/97  10:32:09, you write:

<< Is there an "unthought of" disadvantage in keeping an aluminium
 straight edge attached to my rudders hinge flange and trailing edge during

Any suitably stiff member will keep it straight but the problem is stopping
it curling inwards. Didn't have  problem  with the rudder, but in spite of a
massive beam on the fin edge it turned inwards and reduced the closeout
width, with fatal consequences to the rudder entry.  Perhaps you are are past
this bit but if not , make up  a closeout template in ply to set the width
all the way down.  That's what I had to do to restore mine.

Graham C.