Discoloured Components/Postcuring Revisited

Subject: Discoloured Components/Postcuring Revisited
From: Tony Renshaw <renshaw@ozemail.com.au>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 1997 17:48:49
Gidday,
Has anyone had any components gradually discolour giving a browny tinge
under the glass?? I believe it  is normally caused by water uptake, however
my workshop is normally always under 60% RH. Is this a problem, and if so
how do I minimise it?
Post Curing- Is there an "unthought of" disadvantage in keeping an aluminium
straight edge attached to my rudders hinge flange and trailing edge during
the postcure at the recommended temperature? I thought of using wood however
I feel it may be a thermal insulator to the glass it is in contact with, so
I think metal should take up the same ambient temperature as the components
being postcured. Thermal deflection of the metal is a concern, however "L"
shaped angle should minimise this.
Any free advice?
Regards
Tony Renshaw