Re: Parking brake (and dual throttles)

Subject: Re: Parking brake (and dual throttles)
From: Martin <ember@cariblink.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 1997 07:51:00
>I don't really understand this left throttle business.  Apart from the now
>defunct Chipmunks  to which some of us were exposed, are/were there any
>common civil training aeroplanes which are not side-by side and central
>throttle ?

        ......................Tiger Moths

So the vast majority should be familiar with right hand on the
>throttle and left hand on the control. Indeed one could argue that a yoke is
>even more difficult to operate left handed than a stick, as one is pulling
>out of line with the axis.

                Yes - but can anyone please tell me how one deals with an
aircraft
which
has one central stick but no left hand throttle ?     Anyone out there have
any experience with central sticks ?   How do you write up your log if you
aren't left handed ?

                Martin