Re: Parking brake (and dual throttles)

Subject: Re: Parking brake (and dual throttles)
From: Miles McCallum <milesm@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 1997 16:53:30
 what springs to mind is to make the left-side throttle arm
>fairly long, with a pivot at the center--thus as the handle moves
>forward, the bottom part moves aft, imparting a push to the cable.  The
>cable, in its sheath, then runs aft from the left-side throttle, makes a
>turn inboard through the seatback/tank structure, turns forward again,
>and connects with the "as designed" throttle linkage.

The reason that I put forward a push/pull throttle is that I drew up a
rather tasteful quadrant, trying to get a bit of style into it (and it does
look good) -only to discover at Kemble, once I sat in a finished aeroplane,
that there weren't no room! I haven't tried Peter Kember's  high mounted LH
throttle for comfort, but suspect that I wouldn't be happy with the position.

Miles