Re: Parking brake

Subject: Re: Parking brake
From: perissinotto frederic <frederic.perissinotto@ping.be>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 1997 21:45:41
>>>Why not use reuse the stretchie bungie cord, or a section of it?  To me
>this seems simple, light, cheap (!), and effective no matter if the brake
>pads wear a bit.<<
>
>If you mean, slip it over the lever to pull the brake on, it won't work. You
>need quite a pull to stop the airplane rolling at full power. Power checks,
>starting run up etc. is the time we use the parking brake.
>
>Graham

first I apologize for my poor English spoken!

I am actually working on the brake master cylinder installation.I intend to
put an electrical jack to do the job of the lever LG 13.It will work with a
switch on both sticks.In case of failure the lever is still there!Also it will
work as a parking brake , a pressure gauge can be fit on the brake fluid top-up
point to check the jack strenght.

Does anyone have a comment ?

thanks

fred #77