Re: Parking brake (and dual throttles)

Subject: Re: Parking brake (and dual throttles)
From: RonSwinden@aol.com
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 1997 18:06:48
Dear Miles   I have organised a quadrant throttle for my left hand tho with
my size it  reqiires careful siting to miss knees ect'    I have coupled it
using two cables one feeding in the front of the original throttle housing
and one  feeding into the rear. they each connect to the original throttle
quadrant arm and thus form a closed loop control which means that each seat
has the throttle in near enough the same place.   I looked at Peters brake
arrangement but given the size of my legs  I could not operate his brake. I
have fitted a cable  from a hand control on the stick to the existing
cylinder which works OK  but I am not sure that it is a really good solution
 I may yet try and mount  a controll co-axialy with the throttle quadrant??
but working on a different part of the circle.  Keep well All the best  Ron S
No 33.
PS I am not that huge really 6ft almost 14 stone but my legs grew fairly big
due to cycling up all those Yorkshire hills when I was a kid and even with
the LA mod there isn't a lot of room to spare in the Europa.