Re: OR5

Subject: Re: OR5
From: Richard Meredith-Hardy <rmh@flymicro.winuk.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 23:45:06
Andy Draper wrote:

>>Your problem with the outrigger would indicate that either you have
>unacceptably high friction loads in the mechanism to cause the spring OR12
>to extend at all before the outrigger leg has latched down, or that you are
>maybe operating the mechanism with the wing leading edge down or even with
>the wing upside down.
>
>Not much more than gravity, even with the airloads experienced at approach
>speeds, should be sufficient to allow the outrigger leg to ewxtend and latch.

No we don't have friction, it all works fine. I was looking at what
happens when it goes wrong, thats all -  I bow to the boss! - If
gravity is the means, and you can say it works every time then I
won't argue except to say that if the slot in OR5 >was< a bit
shorter then the outriggers will latch down with a lot more
certainty.

Dare I ask whether the standard max flap angle has been reduced since
OR5 was designed?  As I recall it was somewhere nearer 30 deg at
one time.

Regards;

Richard Meredith-Hardy
rmh@flymicro.win-uk.net  Tel: 01462 834776 FAX: 01462 732668