Re: Tips

Subject: Re: Tips
From: Miles McCallum <milesm@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 1997 10:20:31
Just a silly one: At last, I have found a use for all those old telephone
directories: They are perfect for chopping up and using as infinitely
variable spacers for alignment, leveling workbenches and wing stands and the
like.

As for those film canister lids: which type are you using (grey plastic
female, or clear plastic male) ?

(tail) pip pin covers: we are using round clear plastic window plugs from
heyco, inserted into machined ali housings. Needs a tool (or small
screwdriver) to remove them, and will hold the pip pins in place in the
event that the pip fails.

Wingtip skids: 2"X6" inserted into bottom surface just outboard and forward
of the aileron, held in place with 3 screws in case it needs to be replaced.
Prevents the need to mix up more resin and paint when an outrigger fails to
perform. Sailplanes use wood, but as I stumbled across some titanium stock.....

All the best

Miles