Re: Transponder Ant.

Subject: Re: Transponder Ant.
From: Robert L. Nuckolls III <72770.552@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 1997 13:51:13

 >Could anyone help please with any information about
 >a good transponer ant and G.P.S ant - I am not far
 >off putting the lid on my Europa and want to get as
 >much wiring in as possible. I believe there is a good
 >Txp  available from the U.S.A but cannot find out who
 >and how much.

    I still have a few transponder monopole antennas from
    the pile of surplus stuff I purchased some years
    ago . . these are brand new King Radio antennas in
    original containers.  They're $10 each plus shipping.
    These mount on a 5.25" diameter aluminum ground plane
    on belly of composite or fabric airplane . . . or right
    on belly skin of aluminum airplane. These sell for 25-
    40 dollars in the catalogs. E-mail me directly
    if you're interested in a transponder antenna.

    With respect to external GPS antennas, consider trying
    a hand held with internal antenna . . . See Sport
    Aviation Nov 96 issue.  I've been flying the Magellan
    GPS2000 in a variety of airplanes and for $149 it does
    everything I want it to do . . .

    Regards,

    Bob . . .
    AeroElectric Connection