Outrigger latch angle

Subject: Outrigger latch angle
From: John Bean <72016.641@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 1996 05:31:22
Seasons Greetings to all.

Now that the outriggers seem to have reached a stage of 'final' modifications I
have decided, during the holidays, to set up the outrigger latches. I gone to
the factory for 'advice'  the couple of times I have ended up miss-reading the
instructions in the past but they are closed for the holidays at the moment so
apeal for a little advice.

On lowering the flap I have found that the OR1 contacts the OR7A/OR7B assembly
at 19 degrees (+/- 0.25 degrees) flap angle on both the port and stbd side.

The manual, page 9-13, revision 4, says latched be 'in' by 25 degrees so that
seems ok even if a long way off. The Owners manual states approximatly 20-24
degrees.

As the angle is set by the contact of OR1 and OR7 unless the leading edge of the
OR7s are altered this cannot be changed therefore:

1) Is my 19 degrees OK?

2) Is it possible that the angle increases as the latch engages?

3) With the angle being fixed independent of the flaps why cannot the setting
and adjusting of OR4 be done on the bench where the repeated assembling and
dis-assembling could be carried out more easily?

Thanks for any advice folks.

John Bean