New forum user

Subject: New forum user
From: John G Innes <jginnes@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 1996 18:54:35
Hello,
I have the information kit + stage 1 manual for Europa. The next step is
to join EAA to get local advice, for which my need is great. I have not
flown as pilot in command for 30-years, and only have a glider rating.
Need to learn current FAA regulations on kit-built aircraft, and
inspection requirements. Also need to see if any  local instructors would
be willing to train me in a kit-built.

Europa seems such a neat solution to many conflicting requirements!  I
hope to learn more through this forum. The BMW engine and variable-pitch
prop are areas of interest. Did not see any provision for strobe or
navigation light wiring in the stage 1 manual, and most info photos of
existing Europas do not show them. Perhaps that is dealt with in later
stages, but I was curious about it.
.John G. Innes
Cape Fair, Missouri