Re: mod 37

Subject: Re: mod 37
From: PGrif75120@aol.com
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 1996 15:21:38
Just a short note offering a ray of hope for those who have not completed mod
37. Just finished the welding. There are some awkward positions and angles to
overcome but the job went smoothely and there are no problems with the shaft
stiffening in the bronze bushes. The frame came out relatively easily with a
bit of heat ducted down the tubes.  Going to see if I can get it re-powder
coated tomorrow before reassembly.

Yes it is a bit of a pain having to go back and take apart what has already
been done but isn't that much better than having a mark 1 with a problem? I
for one am happy with the way the factory has dealt with this. It is worth a
bit of frustration to have a sound aircraft at the end of the project.

HAPPY CHRISTMAS ONE AND ALL

Got to go now -- it sounds like my daughter has just lost her pet gerbil and
it's gone down the fuel filler pipe.  WHY ME!!!????

Patrick Griffin (no. 69)