Re: Silly Season Arrives

Subject: Re: Silly Season Arrives
From: Kerry Lamb <kerrylamb@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 1996 17:29:25

> it might be a nice idea to have a week of levity.

Per Tony's idea:

Santa Claus, like all pilots, gets regular visits from the Federal
Aviation Administration, and it was shortly before Christmas when
the FAA examiner arrived.  In preparation, Santa had the elves wash
the sled and brush down the reindeer.

Santa got his logbook out and made sure all his paperwork was in
order.  The examiner walked slowly around the sled.  He checked the
reindeer's harnesses, the landing gear, and Rudolf's nose.  He
painstakingly reviewed Santa's weight and balance calculations for
the sled's enormous payload.

Finally, they were ready for the checkride.  Santa got in and
fastened his seatbelt and shoulder harness and checked the compass.
Then the examiner hopped in carrying, to Santa's surprise, a
shotgun.

What's that for?" asked Santa incredulously.

The examiner winked and smiled: "I'm not supposed to tell you this,
but you're gonna lose an engine on takeoff."

Kerry
Very funny Scottie...now beam down my clothes!