Re: pilot gloves

Subject: Re: pilot gloves
From: Martin <ember@cariblink.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 1996 14:48:58
Graham E Laucht wrote:

> In message <961211201933_101621.3070_JHP207-2@CompuServe.COM>, Peter
> Davis <101621.3070@compuserve.com> writes
> >Royal Airforce Pilot's locker?
>
> I think he may be referring to the WW1 Biggles pattern, full gauntlet
> type, best bet therefore is costumiers or theatrical hire shops.

                Well..........as I recall, in WW II (no, I wasn't around for WW
I) we
used a white silk inner glove, over which went a chamois leather glove
with a leather gauntlet glove on top.    Not that I recall ever having
used them all at once !

> The current pattern is a close fitting grey leather number, cuffless to
> prevent inadvertant opening of firing catches etc. and inadvertantly
> starting a war.

                Quite - and these can be bought for civilian use.

--
  Martin W. Berner,
  26 Mayfield Road, Valsayn Park, Trinidad, The West Indies

                Live Long and Prosper !