Mod Sheet/ Manual Indexes

Subject: Mod Sheet/ Manual Indexes
From: Tony Renshaw <renshaw@ozemail.com.au>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 1996 08:42:35
Gidday all,

Our recently circulated Mod Sheet in my humble opinion was sadly lacking a
simple key. Any agreement??????
Also, our manuals need a master index where if you want to file a
cross-reference, or annotate a note in the brakes section to read the latest
Newsletter, you can look up Brakes and turn straight to it. This example
actually suggests more a Chapter index, however a true index could take you
straight to the brake caliper page for example. It seems that Europa has
built the manual to satisfy their needs. Well thats fine except at the end
of the day, we are the ones that use it. As such if we feel it is
inadaquate, we need to let them know. I understand Europa are looking into
the manual issue, but Rogers recent support for his Table of Contents, which
I actually missed as it was on the front page and so small, suggests again
that they may think what they currently have is adaquate.
If you agree that a master index is required, may I suggest you post a
message here to that effect. Roger and Europa read them now as most of us
are aware.

Regards
Tony Renshaw
Builder No.236