Gear Mods/Ivans Letter

Subject: Gear Mods/Ivans Letter
From: Rolph Muller <rolph@globalvt.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 1996 21:33:02
Time for an expression of concern - and a moan - first real moan I think
- primarily caused by Ivans letter of 22nd October which did not seem to
be written with his usual  diplomacy(?). To quote loosely " we pulled
OTI into the workshop, simply removed - whole operation took one day"
I'm sure it did - trouble is I'm a me not a we and the workshop has been
given over to another project. I reckon on between one to two weeks. So
that's the moan.
The concern however is this. None of Europa's tests apparently caused
failure even at "reserve energy". The cause of the "few" failures would
therefore not seem to have been established (how many is "few" ? - there
are only a "few" flying). How much confidence is there that the
mandatory modifications will eliminate what appears to be a problem of
undefined magnitude with an indeterminate cause?
I'd appreciate it, ifwhoever is reading this at Europa would pass a copy
of this (forget the moan by all means) on to Ivan for his comments.
--
Rolph Muller