Re: Transponder Aerials

Subject: Re: Transponder Aerials
From: Klaus Dietrich <101613.3377@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 1996 10:50:53
If you don't want to use a ground plane for your antenna, you can use the small
di-pole antenna from Advanced Aircraft Electronics Inc., Florissant, USA, Fax:
(314) 837-0106. Bill Butters is the one who is building those antennas and is
very helpful.
The antennas exist also for COM/NAV cost about USD 100 and are also distributed
by Aircraft Spruce.
Installation is straight forward by glueing them inside the fuselage. XPDR
antenna is about 10 cm long and I fixed mine vertically  in the middle of the
right side of the fuselage; the NAV antenna is about 120 cm long and I fixed it
horizontaly behind the baggage bay and the COM antenna I installed in the fin as
foreseen in Europa's instruction.

happy building, Klaus Dietrich
Vienna