Fire Extinguishers

Subject: Fire Extinguishers
From: Rolph Muller <rolph@globalvt.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 1996 15:31:39
Anybody had any thoughts on these. Weight must be a consideration, but
the lightest seem to be dry powder units at about 0.6kg. However I
believe it would be a little unwise to set one of these off in a
confined space!! The alternative is I suppose CO2, but the only ones I
have seen are rather heavy and bulky - all to do with getting enough gas
into a container to do the job perhaps - I think we are talking about
2kg here. Do we really need one or would one be of any use anyway is
perhaps worth addressing.
--
Rolph Muller