Re: Electrical Diagram

Subject: Re: Electrical Diagram
From: Margaret & Dave Watson <dmw@querandi.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 1996 23:45:08
John Bampfylde wrote:

> I am drawing up an electrical diagram, using the one in the instructions as
> a basis.  From a high level perspective, what do builders feel about the
> Europa supplied diagram?  It seems to be to be simple, understandable and
> technically all right (but I ain't no electrician).

Some aircraft have the avionics master switch replaced with a solenoid
that is de-energised when the starter key is turned, hence turning off
all the the radio kit when you start the engine. One school of thought
says that modern radio equipment does not have to be turned off when
the engine is started, but I wouldn't like to take the chance!

Don't forget to check the volts drop for the cable size used, this can
be calculated from the ohms/foot figure given for the cable you are
using.

Dave & Margaret Watson
#224 G-CUTY (Tri-gear)