Re: Re: Single handed manoevres

Subject: Re: Re: Single handed manoevres
From: Graham Singleton <100421.2123@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 1996 19:10:59
>>is the purpose of the guides to constrain the spars during rigging in
the vertical direction or in the longitudinal?<<

Yes.Most important is the longitudinal. Because the airplane isn't level the
wing will slide backwards and the quick connect pivot bolts will foul. Also
though, height constraint helps to get the lift pins started in their holes.

The tufnol blocks are bonded on with Redux; I always add a couple of big pop
rivets. I also pop rivet the glass reinforcement layups to the quick connect
brackets. In my experience glas epoxied to untreated aluminium usually falls off
after a few years. Hence anodise.

Graham