Terra Com Equipment

Subject: Terra Com Equipment
From: Jim Naylor <jnaylor@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 1996 19:42:26
 Dear Rolph

Re your Terra 760D com.

Pin 13 is only used if you require an external volume control on the
intercom circuit. I have fitted one to my panel, but do not use it as I
have found one setting is good for all conditions of flight and taxi.  The
initial volume can be set by adjusting the controls on the underside of the
radio, so I would recommend trying the radio without the extra control
first, it can always be retro fitted.
  Also I have found the background noise in my headsets (David Clarks) very
acceptable with the squelch fully open, thereby avoiding the clipped speech
you tend to get with vox systems, and again saving the trouble of fitting
the extra control.
If you do decide to fit the extra volume (and squelch level) controls you
will have to buy the potentiometers from your local electronics store and
connect as shown in the diagram.
To find the jumpers, you will have to remove the lower casing cover and
look in the position indicated in the diagram no. 9-1160-0044-01, they are
a plug in device, and are numbered SJ601 and SJ602 on the circuit board.
Incidentally, if you have engine ignition interference problems on you
radio I have found a device that seems to cure it.

Regards

Jim

Jim Naylor No 39