tmdgmet: Problems with METARS

Subject: tmdgmet: Problems with METARS
From: Tom Dawes-Gamble <tmdg@uksr.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 1996 13:56:18
Hi,
        Firstly I'm sorry if this is the second time you have received
this message.  But due to a problem on AVnet the mail file got truncated
part way thought the transmission last time.

        I would like to update you on a couple of problems with the weather
page.

        It would seem that METAR for some non UK airfields are not available
---From my page any more.  I have notified Skytrak of this and they are
investigating.

        The list of users is now so large that I need to trim down the list
so I have removed any user that doesn't appear to have used the page since
March 1996.   I will be automating the process in the near future.
If you don't access the page for 100 days they your registration will be
deleted.

        If you wish to reply then please reply to tmdg@avnet.co.uk
I always have a large back log of email so you may find that my reply is a
little terse.  I will not reply to anyone asking for help with lost passwords
or forgotten user id etc.  (If people can't be bothered to read what
I write for them to read via the www,  Why should I think they will read my
email.  More to the point why should they think I read my email? ;-)

Best regards,
Tom.

The top level URL is http://www.avnet.co.uk/tmdg/weather/main_menu.html