Hello, I'm new here.

Subject: Hello, I'm new here.
From: Richard Thomas <richard@olympics.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 1996 22:54:05
Hello everyone, I have just joined this mailing list after finding
the email address in a back issue of Flyer (Janruary 1996 issue).

In a reply to my request, I was asked to send a message to the list
introducing myself.

Well I'm a University student, who so dearly would love to fly for
the big'uns, but unfortunately my degree has to come first, just
to stand a chance in obtaining a place at British Airways sponsorship
scheme. As if I don't get sponsorship, its a long road to the flight
deck of an airliner... :(

Anyway my name's Richard Thomas and I'm a nineteen year old (yes only 19)
Private Pilot.  I think I come under the following category (as seen in
the Welcome to europa message, but a modified version of it):

4) Would so dearly love to build a Europa if I can find the currage.

Well the money isn't a problem, my Grandfather and Father have agreed
to put up the money until such time I can pay them back (lucky me) after
University.

The time factor, well Its been my dream since I was about ten to build my
airplane and I think I'm ready to start on the job to hand.  I am very good
with electronics and computers, 3rd year of my Software Engineering course
at Uni this year, started when i was 17, a bit young for Uni), so the
avionics side of things won't be a problem (I hope).   And I'm prepared to
put in a lot of long hours, through thick and thin, to make my kit perfect.

I do hope people here take me seriously as my friends at University think
I'm barmy, and especially when I say they can fly in it with me when its
completed (in later years than these as these things take time as all
you builders are probably aware) they said they'll rather jump off a cliff
than fly in a plane that Richard (Jack, house??? Never mind) have built.

Best wishes to everyone hear and good luck everyone with their Europas...

PS. My http pages aren't up and running yet, so please ignore my http
address in my footer. Thanks fellow airmen in advance...

 richard@olympics.demon.co.uk | http://www.olympics.demon.co.uk
   Compulsive, Paranoid and Anti-Social, but basically Happy!