Re: Virus alert

Subject: Re: Virus alert
From: Matt Lawrence <matt@access.digex.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 1996 22:48:27

>Where do you get your info from? Mine comes from someone in the software
>business who's firm is continuously updated with the latest info on everything,
>including viruses.
>
>As he is in the business of writing software he has to know what the latest
>dangers are, so I would be most interested to know how you are able to give
such
>a positive dismissal to such a potential problem.

Your friend obviously has no clue.  The "Good Times" virus was debunked a
long time ago.  I know, I received more copies of the CIAC report than I did
warnings.  I also correspond on a regular basis with the woman who wrote the
report.  I am in the computer business.  I hang around with a number of
major league computer people, including folks who administer the Internet
connections for a couple of major computer companies.

In short, the "Good Times" hoax is old news.  It ranks right up there with
Craig Shergold.  Please do not continue to spread these rumors.  And please
find someone who is actually up to date on these things to get your info from.

-- Matt

P.S.  If you think that was nasty, you should have seen what I originally wrote.