Re[2]: Panel Wiring

Subject: Re[2]: Panel Wiring
From: dbosomworth@meto.gov.uk
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 1996 22:03:08

Hello all,

        Address for free catalogue for heavy duty plugs/sockets and fuses with

plastic holders etc is:-

Merv Plastics
201 Station Road
Beeston
Nottingham
NG9 2AB
UK
Tel 0115 922 2783

Graham2 said;
>But if they blow, there is probably something seriously wrong.
Also,
>I forgot to say that another good reason for having access to the fuses on the

>firewall from the cockpit side is that you can pull them and then plug in leads
>to charge the battery without having to remove the cowling. (you need to
>provide a good earth somewhere). Perhaps you could even jump start it ?

        If a fuse/cb with big numbers on it blows there will be an overwhelming

urge to land pretty quick regardless of how easy it is to reset. Believe me!

        Like the idea of access from the cockpit side for charging Graham2. I
appreciate the point Graham1 brought up about his obviously working instruments

and AC at the panel, but given the choice, i will still keep the leads forward

of the firewall and as short as possible hopefully to limit any interference to

radio/transponder. Bob Nuckolls writings make a lot of sense and are very useful
to have. See his email from a few days ago for further info. Alan is building
still, 90% done, 80% still to do! (Like us all really, firewall forward can take
a lot of time.)

chus, dave
kit67