Re: Cheltenham video recording

Subject: Re: Cheltenham video recording
From: Rowland & Wilma Carson <rowil@gn.apc.org>
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 1996 23:15:28
John Bampfylde wrote

>What ever happened to the video?  Does it exist?  Many of us have cash
>burning a hole in the back pocket waiting for it!

I spoke tonight with David Eaves <david_eaves@mentorg.com>, who advertised
his plan to make a Europa build video in Europa Flyer #7, and has about 6
hours of that in the can waiting for editing. He also taped 7+ hours of the
Cheltenham seminar and that, too, needs some trimming. As he's not a
builder himself, he's relying on Nigel Graham #147 to help him determine
what needs to be left in and what chopped out. Obviously Nigel likes to
spend _some_ time on aeroplane manufacture, and I wonder if anyone else
might have some time to help guide the editing process so that something
can be published soon. Any builders in the Wantage, Oxfordshire, area want
to volunteer for that?

Should the seminar be edited down to fit on a 3-hour tape, or should he
just trim it a bit to 6 hours and put it out on 2 separate tapes? (And I
guess the same question goes for the stuff on the building of #147.)

When it comes to distributing the tapes, David will need to know if you can
use the UK PAL format the tapes are made in, or if you need standards
conversion which will approximately double the price (UK price per tape
would be about #16 + p&p [= s&h, for US readers :-) ]). It would probably
help him decide what to do if anyone interested in a copy of any tape gets
in touch with him direct. I have his address and phone number which I will
pass in private e-mail to anyone who needs it (eg if you can't raise him on
the above e-mail address). I'll also pass this info on to all those members
not on-line who've expressed an interest.

See you all (well, some of you, anyway!) at Cranfield Saturday.

cheers

Rowland

... that's Rowland with a 'w' ...