Re: Wing Setup

Subject: Re: Wing Setup
From: RonSwinden@aol.com
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 1996 17:46:38
In a message dated 27/06/96  23:25:44, you write:

>Page 10-84 (of my manual) states "to check that there is no forward or aft
>sweep
>(of the wings), stretch a string across from wing tip to wing tip, lining it
>up
>with the rear edge of the port spar and the forward edge of the starboard
>spar
>(remember the spars are off set) and sight along it."

Me too also Pete I was worse off  as my wings were filled so I could not
easily see the line of the spar. In fact I don't think the wings could sweep
very far forewards unless you bent the spars  The thing to avoid is allowing
them to sweep back so that the aileron controls would foul up. I too used the
tail stub as a reference point and cross checked with the elevator tube.

     >Whilst mentioning the centre line, has anyone else noticed that the
starboard
>side of the fuselage bulges slightly more than the port side at the point of
the
>rear cockpit module bulkhead?

I think all the fus's that I have worked on or looked at closely have been
the same.

See y'll  @ Cranfield or most of you or as many as can make it. Hope there is
a tresurer and a social secretary coming  We have a volunteer for editor
 Hurrah    One down two to go.   Ron S No 33.