Re: Open flame!?!

Subject: Re: Open flame!?!
From: William S. Werner <wwerner@penguin.mlb.semi.harris.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 1996 09:23:04

  Some other alternatives on the gas water heater:

  1) Before starting work for the day (or evening), first turn up the
     water heater a few minutes to get the water nice and hot, then
     shut it totally off while you are sanding or working.  Then after
     waiting for the dust to settle and the conditions to be ok for a
     flame then restart the pilot.

  2) Or, put up a curtain, well away from the water heater, which will
     keep the dust away from that section of you garage.

Think the whole situation through, I have never owned a gas waterheater
nor have I worked with composite materials, these ideas may not be good
in all cases.

Bill Werner

PS - I have not selected a kit yet, I currenly looking and evaluating.

Bill Werner KE4ZNA    WWERNER@hsscam.mis.semi.harris.com
Harris Semiconductor  wwerner@penguin.mlb.semi.harris.com
Melbourne Florida     "....life is but a candle, and a
(407)729-5515         dream will give it flame..." - Rush, Caress of Steel