Re[2]: Rigging wings before fitting fuselage to

Subject: Re[2]: Rigging wings before fitting fuselage to
From: dbosomworth@meto.gov.uk
Date: Mon, 13 May 1996 18:04:50

Hello all,

Yesterday Carl Pattinson wrote:
>I am at a similar stage to Peter Davis in that it is decision time
>to fit the lid. I feel that we could delay Reduxing the lid until a
>litle later along the line.
>I would favour bonding small rivet washers behind the clecos (5 min
>araldite) so as to reduce the possibility of the holes elongating
>and allowing any subsequent misalignment.

Sounds like this is the thing to do. Leave the washers in for the
rivets when it comes to bonding on the top too. Set flaps etc up with
the lid cleco'd on, take it off for the glassing. Just make sure the
t/e of top and bottom mouldings line up before drilling the holes. I
hope to be at this stage shortly, and would rather keep things easy!

I sympathsize with Peter about the totally unreasonable attitude from
his wife when it comes to lifting large pieces of europa around. My
kids did nothing but complain when I initially rigged the wings to the
cockpit module. It was quicker to have someone on each wingtip to lift
or lower it, to line up the sockets and wing root holes. Unfortunately
my garage was'nt quite long enough and they most unreasonably
complained when I had them kneeling under the wingtips for 10-20
minutes, saying 'up a bit, down a bit, forward a bit...' I tell them
its character-building, they tell me to ask someone else next time !
;-)

chus, dave
kit67