Re: Rigging wings before fitting fuselage top

Subject: Re: Rigging wings before fitting fuselage top
From: CPattinson@aol.com
Date: Sun, 12 May 1996 05:47:43
I am at a similar stage to Perer Davis in that it is decision time to fit the
lid.

I feel that we could delay Reduxing the lid until a litle later along the
line.

The reason is that I have yet to fit things like aerials and strobes ( and a
compass slave unit)  into the back and their placement would obviously be
affected by the flap mechanism. Also all the preparation work for fitting the
flaps etc could be done lid off to allow easier access. Also the wing pin
socket stiffeners.

Clearly the lid must be fitted when the wings and flap mechanisms are being
aligned, but I suspect that this could be temporarily attached with clecos (
or possibly screws ).
I would favour bonding small rivet washers behind the clecos (5 min araldite)
so as to reduce the possibility of the holes elongating and allowing any
subsequent misalignment.

Has anyone tried a similar arrangement and did it work ?

Carl Pattinson