Re: Rigging wings before fitting fuselage top

Subject: Re: Rigging wings before fitting fuselage top
From: Peter Davis <101621.3070@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 9 May 1996 14:40:55
Graham Singleton writes:-

>> I would only reiterate, do everything possible, including
rigging the wings and flaps ,BEFORE fitting the fuselage top.<<

Surely if the wings are rigged before fitting the top (to allow the important
flap stuff to be fitted), they could move slightly when the top is fitted - like
the tips move forward or back - as fitting the top can alter the lower fuselage
skin a bit as it is pulled in or out in places.

As I have not quite fitted my lid  (ran out of time today ) I would appreciate
some imput here. Tuesday is the decision deadline now, so any further ideas on
this would be most appreciated. As it is my wife is mega miffed that the lid
isn't finally fixed in place today as she is fed up with lifting it on and off.

Every time I look at the flap gear that has to go in behind the seats when the
lid is on I shudder, look at my developing paunch, and get on with something
else. I think it is called 'displacement activity'!

Regards,

Peter D