Re: Pete Clarke

Subject: Re: Pete Clarke
From: Martin W. Berner <mberner@wow.net>
Date: Sun, 5 May 1996 16:09:28
Graham Singleton wrote:

> I have the sad duty to report that during an air display at Old Warden,
> Pete Clarke, flying a Slingsby Firefly, crashed and was killed.

I am very sorry indeed to hear of Peter Clarke's death.   I can't pretend to
have known him but he did fly me in G-YURO in July 1994 and his skills
impressed me greatly - especially  when he made a pass at the PA-161 in which
I arrived at Wombleton !   The sight of the Europa pulling away from the
Warrior after flying alongside and escorting us to the field is not one I
shall forget.

There isn't any easy way to think of this or moral to draw - I lost a good
friend here last year when he flew into a mountain - but I do hope that his
family is recovering from what must have been a very bad blow.

Martin

Martin W. Berner,   26 Mayfield Road, Valsayn Park, Trinidad, The West
Indies.