Re: Smoke Ports in Doors

Subject: Re: Smoke Ports in Doors
From: mark line <mark@bezam.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 1996 23:42:47
In your message dated Thursday 18, April 1996 you wrote :

> Plastic Paper clips, Fletner Strips?

The only time I have seen these strips is on fighter aircraft, looking at a
cross section they appear as a T shape on the trailing edge of the
taileron control surface. The arms of the T appearing above and below the
trailing edge an equal distance. As I'm a propulsion techician I asked someone

in the know and they tell me that the T section interupts the boundery airflow

over the trailing edge and just helps with control response,stablity and feed
back. Plastic paper clips, I think are just plastic edge binders for holding
loose leaf paper. A great idea for just giving the theory a try.
| mark line    EMail mark@bezam.demon.co.uk                               |