Re: Fuel tanks/Glass Tissue?

Subject: Re: Fuel tanks/Glass Tissue?
From: tonyk@kaon.co.nz
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 1996 21:46:08

>I know I need to check this out later in my building, but what is the
>feeling about standard fuel drains adapted and fitted to the tank? I
know of
>one Australian builder who is fitting them so that they hang down
beneath
>the fuselage! I don't approve of this location for its negative
crashworthiness.

Andy at Europa is working on a mod to add fuel drains and he says that
they will either sell them as an option or provide blueprints. Fuel
drains are compulsory in NZ so the five builders here are rather pleased
about this development. The idea, I believe is to have a coverable recess
just behind the bulkhead that will house both fuel drains.

Now, how about coming up with a carb heat modification that is also
compulsory in NZ :-(

Tony
Tony S Krzyzewski            Kaon Technologies Ltd
Reply to tonyk@kaon.co.nz    L7, 19 Victoria St West
Date: 28/03/96                 Auckland, New Zealand
Time: 09:46:08                 Ph +64 9 358 9124

The New Zealand Home of
ATM Ltd, NetManage Chameleon and Ecco, Spider/Shiva
Borderware, Banyan and SNMPc