Intro

Subject: Intro
From: Richard Samulis <rs@ukmail1.cv.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 1996 12:45:38
     I've just joined the Europa email list.
     My name is Richard Samulis - I'm a 44 year old dreamer with a wife and
     2 kids who may just get around to getting my PPL and building a
     Europa. I have always loved motorised transport - I spent 8 years
     racing Formula Ford 1600's and FF2000's doing my own engine rebuilds,
     race prep etc, as well as spending 16 years converting an old school
     and then undertaking radical surgery on an old house - so I passed the
     patience test.
     I've always had a sneaking desire to fly and I've been fascinated by
     the emergence and the development of the Europa: I first read about
     Europa in Flyer magazine a couple of years back, and have been
     following progress ever since. I visited Europa last summer and sat in
     G-KITS - I didn't press for a flight for fear of being unable to
     resist handing over some cash then and there!!
     I will be in a position to seriously contemplate going ahead with my
     PPL and undertaking a build within the next 12 months.....and I'm
     running out of excuses not to.
     My interest in this internet list is to understand the trials and
     tribulations involved in building so I know what to expect, warts,
     pitfalls and all, and to build up my knowledge and confidence.
     I live in Woldingham (Caterham area of Surrey) - and would be
     interested in visiting any builders in action, perhaps in exchange for
     a few hours work??