Re: Introduction and questions...

Subject: Re: Introduction and questions...
From: Peter Stuy <pstuy@POWERUP.COM.AU>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 1996 01:15:34
>2)  Can anyone share their thoughts on the 4-cycle Rotax reliability?  >

Rob, as is often stated, it is the small things that get you. I am on my
second 912 powered plane now and have found the 912 very relyable, as long
as you watch the small things. For instance there are lots of hose clamps on
the cooling water cirquit, that after the initial few hours seem tight, but
on both engines around 20/25 hours started leaking. And when you run out of
water the thing stops just as sure as when you run out of gas.

But I am still looking forward to some viable competition in the same
power/weight class to bring the price down a bit.

Peter