Thick fishing lines.

Subject: Thick fishing lines.
From: BOLFAM4@aol.com
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 1996 12:16:42
No use looking in your E- mail Tony the article I did on filling is in a back
no of Europa Flyer but to get you going I, after a fair bit of
experimentation settlrd on a monofiliment line of 22 thou" about 1/2 mil' if
I remember rightly I think it was about 40 lbs breaking strain.  I believe it
is better to try and get the film of filler just thick enough to allow you to
clean up the surface in one hit. You almost cerrtainly will not achieve that
but aim for it anyway as multiple patches of filler are not easy to finish
well and I think they waste material.
Have put this out for   Tony and a general reply in the hope that it is of
general interest.

 Nice to hear about 30 air changes per hour in NZ trouble is that would
restrict most UK builders to about 2 days work pa because of the chill factor
of the cold air whipping thru,  the objective is right tho.   Bi from US of
A.  Ron S No 33.  Back on UK  (Oxford)address on the 20th March
.
 Any US builders in the NC Hickory area or around Knoxville I am suffering
withdrawal symptoms from the sight of Europa's ?? Ron.

Just read Gemins (Graham Clark) on the subject(filling /fishing lines)  this
is  not a rebuttal in any sense, what works for you is what is good. Lines
and a scraper were the best I could do and Carl Mike Graham S and a few more
have used /modified it to their taste and generally improved it.   Flowing
consistencey sounds a bit heavy to me. Whipped cream + worked for me and I
just gently stroked the line gaps over after removing the lines. Gary Macurdy
uses a hot sraper to great effect but I'm am not familar enough with the
technique to describe it. Anyway I,ve been rattling on long enough already
Bi.Ron.  Its what you leave on that weighs, not what you put on.