Statistics & Message Files

Subject: Statistics & Message Files
From: Peter Thomas <100335.3566@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 1996 16:45:33
If I spent as much time on my Europa as I did on this **** PC I would have
finished months ago !

Anyway, I hope my efforts today will make the retrieval of information from the
archive a whole lot easier. I have written a program that converts all the
monthly message archives into one easy to use dBase file. All the e-mail junk
has been removed from each message leaving just Date, Time, Author, Subject and
Message Text (each as a separate field).

Now it is a simple matter to sort or filter the entire archive by anyone of the
above fields. Not only does it let you access all messages anyway you desire but
it also allows you to come up with some interesting stats....

Of the 233 subscribers to the list (as of 29/02/96) 132 have sent at least 1
message. In total 671 messages have been sent (I admit some are more relevant
than others, but at least now you can filter out or delete the ones you don't
want).

The life blood of the Europa list are contributions from subscribers. Below are
a list of the most frequent users. My thanks go to these people who have over
the last 6 months generated, what I believe, is a valuable information resource.
I hope you all find it as interesting (and fun) as I do.

Author                          Messages Sent
Graham Singleton                112
Graham Clarke                   58
Peter Thomas                    27
Allan Hall                      26
Rowland Carson                  19
Steven A Eberhart               17
Richard Meredith-Hardy          16
Rolph Muller                    16
Larry Boggs                     15
Douglas Wagner                  14
dbosomworth@meto.govt.uk        14
Ian Seager                      13
Martin J.Tuck                   13
Graham Edward Laucht            12
Phillip Alexander               12
tonyk@kaon.co.nz                12
Rowland & Wilma Carson          11

I will upload the file the Europa FTP site at AVnet in the next few days. The
FTP URL is ftp.avnet.co.uk , the europa directory is under the pub directory. I
will call the file allmsgs.zip .

Best Wishes

Peter Thomas
Builder 191