Newcomer to the List

Subject: Newcomer to the List
From: Martin W. Berner <mberner@wow.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 1996 07:47:01

I see that newcomers to the Europa list are asked to introduce themselves.
At the risk of boring everyone, may I do so by describing myself as a
long-time, low-time PPL holder, a Londoner at present living and working in
Trinidad in the West Indies.     I learnt to fly with the RAF in 1943/4 (24
& 28 EFTS) but didn't return to flying until 1991.   I belong to the Light
Aeroplane Club in Trinidad (which was an EFTS during the war) and fly C152 &
172 & PA161 with some time on Warriors and Sundowners.

I have been considering building a kit plane for some years - originally
liked the Pulsar best (saw it at Oshkosh 1993) but now prefer the Europa.  I
visited the factory in July 1994 and flew the prototype  G-YURO.   I was
very impressed and belong to the category of "when I have the time, and the
money and the wife gives permission.........................." builders.
I am also on the "Flyer" list.

I expect to "lurk" on this list and let those who are actively building do
the talking !

Martin W. Berner - 9Y4TAM - 26 Mayfield Road, Valsayn Park, Trinidad, The
West Indies.   email mberner@wow.net