New Subscriber

Subject: New Subscriber
From: Michael Rome <mrr@prin.edu>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 1996 22:40:13
Hello everyone.  I am a new subscriber to this list.  A little bit about myself:

I reside about 25 miles north of St. Louis, Missouri, at Principia College,
in the town of Elsah, Illinois, and fly out of St.Louis Regional Airport
(ALN).

I have been flying about 3-1/2 years now and presently own a 1977 Piper
Cherokee, in which I recieved my private pilot and instrument ratings. I
have flown it about 270 hours, and it is a wonderfull aircraft. It now has
about 80 hours on a 160 hp STC conversion, but the airframe maintenance is
getting expensive...A recent AD to inspect the rear wing attach points
required alot of $ to repair...ie: steel gussets + aluminium frame +
moisture = corrosion.

I have been following the Europa since I saw an article in an aviation
magazine a few months ago. The idea of an airframe free of such nusiances
has definatly caught my intrest, as well as the single main retractable
gear, and the Europa's aerodynamic efficiancy. (It looks real sharp, too!)

It may be about 2 years before I have the time to undertake such a project,
but since I have never worked with epoxy / fiberglasss / foam I would
appreciate any comments tips and suggestions any one out there may have.
Also, has a Europa been compleated with a Subaru engine yet?

Because of my work, it is almost impossible for me to get to Oshkosh, so if
anyone may be flying an Europa through this area, please contact me at
618-374-5078; I would love to get an up close look.

Best to all.

Michael Rome                                     ___|___
 mrr@spectre.prin.edu                               |
  Principia College                                /-\
   Media Services Performance Technician  O----X---\o/---X----O
    Elsah, Illinois USA 62028
        618-374-5078

             (just north of St.Louis, accross the Mississippi)

                         LANDING is the 1st."