Re: Small quantity weighing

Subject: Re: Small quantity weighing
From: Graham Clarke <gemin@cix.compulink.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 1996 13:56:29
If the emphasis is on really small quantities, you can use some excellent
car body repair products, which don't have critical ratios. Indeed the
more hardener you use the quicker it sets. There is even an epoxy one
with reinforcing fibre already in it, (Isopon P40 )so it doesn't slump,
and can be rock hard, yet sandable in a minute or two if you wish.
Without "approval" I have only used it for non-critical cosmetic jobs
though, e.g. that door tang gap, and fuselage defects.

My epoxy pump is still sitting on the shelf. Don't much fancy having to
clean out the cylinders, calibrating it, or coping with "water vapour
self-curing" as has been mentioned. I suppose it will have to be used to
fill the wings, but it'll be almost ready to fly by then.

gemin