Re: Small quantity weighing

Subject: Re: Small quantity weighing
From: Ian Seager <ians@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 1996 22:56:46
>The further into the project one gets, the more demand there seems to be
>for small quantities of epoxy and redux.  Having a while back advocated
>one-cup weighing where weights some three times lighter than the goo are
>used on the long arm, it has just dawned on me that by exchanging the
>locations, one can accurately weigh quantities some 10 times smaller,
>i.e. with the nuts or bolts on the short arm. Smaller cups are desirable,
>suggest 35mm film canisters, obtainable by the bagfull from your local
>friendly film processing shop who otherwise bin them.
>
>gemin

Does anyone have any experience of the variable ratio epoxy dispensers. It
seems that in various quantities of resin are required one of these may be
a good investment at the start of a kit. I think that they can be purchased
---From the US for about $230 + shipping, a lot I know, but if it reduces the
hassle of mixing resin and cuts down on waste wouldn't they be a good
thing?
Ian

Ian Seager FLYER Magazine, The Little Theatre St Michaels Place, Bath BA1 1SF
Tel: 01225 481440 Fax: 01225 481262