Flight Sims and Paint

Subject: Flight Sims and Paint
From: Allan Hall <100255.2004@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 1995 17:54:51
Reply to Graham Clarke,

For paint, I have used a system sold by Skycraft, it is badged as their own, but
made by reputable paint company (which they won't name). The primer/filler is a
two pack flexible PU, as is top coat. We have had airframe painted in primer for
4 months now, we intend to top coat at last possible moment, after trimming etc,
to avoid damage. We should be top coating early Feb. From memory, we used around
7 ltrs of primer/filler, but most of this will have been sanded off.
So far I am very impressed with the results, very easy to apply, flexible but
tough, flows out well, sticks like the proverbial etc. I think you will find
several builders using different paint systems, most are keeping their heads
down (I am!!), in case it doesn't work.  In 12 months time, with 500hrs on the
airframe (?), I will then recomend the system.<g>

PS Just downloaded the Europa FS5 files from Avnet FTP site, so far I've only
had a look at the PIX files, it looks EXCELLENT!, can't wait to fly it. I assume
that BAO Flight Shop is needed to make it work, I don't seem to be having any
luck finding anyone that has it from stock at the moment.

Did you do the 3D modelling in flight shop? To pick up from your earlier thread,
it would be interesting to have a 3D model to try various paint schemes on. As
have to pay for my own software, AutoCad R13 is just a dream, but I was
considering trying Visual Reality 2 or TrueSpace 1. It would be nice to be able
to see the paint job before rather than after, I only want to paint it

Best Regards,

Allan J Hall         G-DAYS,  kit 177, 95% done (finished all of the instruction
manuals!) with only 30% to go now!