Re: Europa

Subject: Re: Europa
From: Phillip Alexander <101234.3202@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 1995 14:16:21
Re Alan Jackson`s mail on engines
Zoche engines......"Jam tomorrow".
Yamaha......Is this the 4-stroke that M4 are developing? In my opinion too small
for the Europa (wouldn`t produce enough torque).
MidWest......very expensive, fuel burn better than a 2-stroke but worse than 4,
nice and light. I understand that there is a Europa builder somewhere
undertaking an installation.
BMW..... ah, now you`re talking (had you mentioned it)! Ivan has gone public on
this one at last. There is at least one other Europa builder to my knowledge
making serious progress on this.
As with any new conversion, there is alot of financial and technical risk
involved; such projects may yet all end in tears and are not for the feint
hearted. Best to let someone else try it first!

regards, no. 175