Tank vent

Subject: Tank vent
From: Graham Singleton <100421.2123@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 1995 21:08:22
>>I have fitted a tank mounted Westach capacitance probe and fuel gauge
instead.<<

So have I and for the same reasons. Like the idea of the water trap in the vent.

I've decided to move the radiators to the back of the cowling with exit vents
there. I expect to be able to reduce the size of the inlets. If it works I'll
describe it later. For the moment I won't alter the inlets to avoid too many
changes making assessment difficult.

I was lucky enough to fly with Pete Clark in Peter Kember's Europa. It may be a
bit heavy but it flies superbly. A delight. Much nicer than YURO was. I never
got to fly Elsa before she emigrated.

I used 1'4" OD nylon tubing for the pitot and static lines. A local firm selling
brake pads hydraulics etc for commercial vehicles had the tubing and push in
connectors. Metal for the wing to fuselage one and plastic for the in fuselage
Tees etc.

Graham