Re: Instrument panel

Subject: Re: Instrument panel
From: David Gore <dngore@cix.compulink.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 1995 15:00:35
Computer DISPLAY of Engine and other information is a nice aim, but to
consider using a Notebook computer is IMHO suicide....
 I know of NO notebook computer that would stand the VIABRATION and G
forces in an airplane and run successfully...I don't fancy having to
try reparing -lost sectors, Crashed drives, in flight......
 If someone designed a ruggidised remote mounted computer, hooked up to
a HIGH brightness Flat panel display (there are a few around) with
maybe a rollerball type cursor control, a hard drive DESIGNED to work
with the Acceleration, Vibrations and G at +/- 10 minimum and the
transducer inputs for say 15 external sensors built in.... THEN we
would be getting somewhere. :-)

 There is an Ultralight Helicopter which had a Solid State instrument
panel - Which is an advance on the ROTAX data unit... I think it was on
the Italian Homebuilt one...

David Gore - UK, Sussex
DNGORE@Compulink.co.uk
100013.516@Compuserve.com